What are the principles that boards should adopt to make them effective in the discharge of their roles? The tone for good corporate governance in an organization is often set at the ‘top’. Corporate governance is often seen as an ‘ideal’ practice to be adopted by most organizations. The question that often arises is how it is implemented (spirit over form or form over spirit).
Board dynamics needs to be managed well to maximize effectiveness and ensure that the board succeeds.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Pillars of good Corporate Governance
- Decision-making and board effectiveness
- Board Dynamics
- Role of the Board
- Relationship between the Board and Management through value creation
- Assessing Board Performance
- Board Charter/Manual
- Effectiveness of the board as a team
- Board and the Company/Board Secretary
- Principles for Board and Committee Effectiveness etc.
This workshop aims to be highly interactive and will include discussions, case studies,
and presentations. After this workshop, participants will be able to promote and
implement good corporate governance practices in their organizations, create value in
their organizations and ensure board effectiveness.
FEE: USD$ 3,990 Exclusive of Tax.
DATES: 8th – 9th August, 2024
DURATION: 2 DAYS
VENUE: SOUTH AFRICA / DUBAI / RWANDA