Emotional intelligence has been described as:
- The ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges, and defuse conflict.
- The ability to understand and manage your own emotions, as well as recognize and influence the emotions of those around you.
Emotional intelligence may show up in the way a person practices self-awareness e.g., body language, communication. Also, a person may practice self-regulation by refraining from dominating a conversation, in meetings, listening actively. Furthermore, practicing social skills can be evidenced by participating in discussions.
According to the Harvard Business Review, “The most effective leaders are all alike in one crucial way: They all have a high degree of what has come to be known as emotional intelligence. It’s not that IQ and technical skills are irrelevant. They do matter, but…they are the entry-level requirements for executive positions.’’
Objectives for this training programme include:
- How to manage Intrapersonal relationship (the ability to understand oneself, emotions, and needs).
- How to manage Interpersonal relationships (the ability to sense others’ feelings, intentions, and motives).
- A person’s capacity to manage their feelings to express them appropriately and accurately.
- The ability to identify emotions in oneself as well as in others.
- The ability to integrate one’s emotions into thought processes.
- The ability to process complex emotions.
- The ability to regulate one’s emotions as well as the emotions of others.
- An understanding of the dimensions of emotional intelligence i.e.
- Self-awareness- a person knows their own strengths and weaknesses and understands how their words and behaviours affect other people. They are receptive to constructive criticism and typically learn from it.
- Self-regulation- a person knows how to exercise restraint and control their emotions when their nervous system is activated.
- Self-motivation – a person is resilient and driven to succeed from within, as opposed to being motivated by money, power, fame, or other extrinsic factors.
- Empathy – a person is compassionate and makes an effort to connect with others on a deeper level; they genuinely care about other people and are talented active listeners.
- Social skills- a person knows how to establish trusting relationships and gain respect from others.
FEE: GH¢ , Exclusive of Tax.
DURATION: 1 DAY
VENUE: 15 LABONE CRESCENT, NORTH LABONE ACCRA.