Most Company/Board Secretaries find themselves occupying the position without really understanding what the role involves and how the duties associated with the role can be effectively discharged. This leads to frustration on their part and they become despondent and ineffective.
The Company/Board Secretary plays a key role in promoting corporate governance across the Board and in the organization. The role is evolving into a key governance position in most organizations.
This training programme is designed to enable participants acquire and appreciate the ‘ingredients’ associated with the role, understand the consequences that may arise in the discharge of the duties associated with the role. The programme is also aimed at developing the skills of participants to enable them acquire the knowledge needed to carry out their role and equip them to discharge the role effectively and at the same time enjoy what they do in order to give off their best at the workplace.
- Understand the role and duties of the Company/Board Secretary.
- Understand the role and influence of the Company/Board Secretary in Corporate Governance.
- Improve the effectiveness of the Company/Board secretariat.
- Equip participants with the tools to make them effective in the role.
- Emphasize the professional standards and the risks attached to the role.
- Understand Board dynamics.
- Develop the organizational skills of the Company/Board Secretary including the use of technology.
- Appreciate relevant portions and changes in the Companies Act 2019 for the Company/Board Secretary.
- Understand the role of the Board in the organization.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Role and influence of the Company/Board Secretary
- The 4Ps of Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance and the Company/Board Secretary
- The Company/Board Secretary and ostensible authority
- Board orientation/ induction
- Board evaluation/performance review
- Artificial intelligence and the Company/Board Secretary
- The Companies Act, 2019(Act 992) and the Company/Board Secretary
- The Company/Board Secretary’s role in strategy
- Reporting lines for the Company/Board Secretary
- The evolving role of the Company/Board Secretary
- ‘Prickle points’ in meetings and minute- taking for the Company/Board Secretary
The Company/Board Secretary as the Board’s communicator.
FEE: GH₵ 3,850.00, Exclusive of Tax.
13th – 15th Mar,. 2024
8th Aug., 2024
24th – 26th July, 2024
DURATION: 3 DAYS
VENUE: 15 LABONE CRESCENT, NORTH LABONE ACCRA.